Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Taylor

Shepherd’s Pie


One of the most memorable meals that my mother makes is shepherd’s pie. Not only is it absolutely delicious, but it reminds me of being younger. It reminds me of family. It reminds me of my favorite time of year. It makes me feel at home.

I’m pretty sure there are lots of different versions of shepherd’s pie. My mother’s, though, is my favorite. The dish consists of hamburger, mashed potatoes, and cheese. It is in three layer s, with cheese to top it off.

Shepherd’s pie makes me feel good. It always makes me feel at home when I eat it. I can remember having it for dinner in all the places I’ve lived. Whether it was Kansas City, Macon, or Bevier, it has always been with me, so it is kind of a special meal to me. I enjoy helping my mom prepare it, too.

For some reason it reminds me of winter. I think that is when she usually fixes it because it is a nice, warm meal. Winter is my favorite season though. It is full of family gatherings and school breaks. I like the cold weather more than the hot weather of the summer, too.

The best thing about shepherd’s pie is that it is made by my mom. I love that woman with all my heart. I know I can tell her absolutely anything, and she won’t freak out. She listens to me and shows me nothing but love and understanding. She is one of my best friends. I appreciate all the things she does for me, but sometimes I have a difficult time showing it. She is definitely the greatest mom a son could ever ask for.
==============================


Shepherd’s Pie



Ingredients:



1 stick butter or margarine

1 ½ ground beef

3 lb red potatoes

½ lb sliced american cheese


Cooking Instructions:

brown beef
peel and boil potatoes
mast potatoes and add butter
drain grease from beef and then spread into a 9x13 pan
spread potatoes over hamburger
slice cheese on top
preheat oven to 350 degrees
put into oven until cheese melts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message please