Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Laremy

Grandma

My grandma makes good popcorn balls. She is nice and cooks good. She is caring and would do anything for anyone in her family. I love her. She is on my dad’s side.
The food is popcorn balls, and they are good. They are sticky, hard and flavorful. They are caramelized and good. I like them. She is just a good cook.
The place is my grandma’s house in the kitchen. She has a nice kitchen. My grandpa built he house. The color is a tan or beige.
Everyone likes them in my family. The popcorn balls are normally in a rounded shape. She makes them several different ways by putting color or dye in them. One time, they were blue.
=================
The recipe is ¼ cup corn oil, ½ cup popcorn, ½ cup dark corn syrup, ½ cup sugar, ½ teaspoon salt. Heat the oil in a quart kettle over red heat for three minutes. Add popcorn. Pop the corn. Then, mix the corn syrup, sugar and salt. Cook to 255 degrees on top of stove and pour over popped corn. Make into balls, using buttered hands to avoid burns. This will give you about one dozen popcorn balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message please