Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Heather

The Great Pumpkin Pie


If I had to prepare a special dish in honor of a special person, I would make my grandma’s pumpkin pie. My grandma makes the BEST pumpkin pie that I have ever eaten.

My grandma Smith is the best grandma I could ever ask for. She gets me anything that I want. If anything happens to her, I have no clue what I would do. My grandma can make pretty much anything. She makes pies, cakes, cookies, ect. She is the best baker ever.

My grandma’s pumpkin pie is one of the best things that I have tasted. When she makes her pumpkin pie, I always make sure that I get my own pie, or I get a few pieces of her pie. My grandma’s pumpkin pie is the BEST!

I feel that my grandma will always make me any kind of desert, whenever I want it. My grandma will always have a place in my heart, and her pumpkin pie will always have a place in my stomach. I love her and her pumpkin pie very much.

My grandma always makes her pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and anytime that I want it. When Thanksgiving and Christmas come around, I look forward to my grandma’s pumpkin pies. I have her pumpkin pies two-three times a year. If I could, then I would have her make them for me every month. Her pies are the…..BEST!!!

===============
RECIPE FOR PUMPKIN PIE

1 3/4 cups mashed cooked or canned pumpkin
1/2 tsp. salt
1 3/4 cups milk
3 eggs
2/3 cups brown sugar (packed)
2 tbsp. granulated sugar
1 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cloves

how you make it
heat oven to 425 degrees, beat all ingredients together with rotary beater.
pour into pastry-lined pie pan (for crispness, have bottom pastry a little thicker than 1/8")
bake 45-55 mins, then take a knife && insert it 1" from side of filling & if it comes out clean.
The center may still look soft but will set later serve slightly warm or cold.



IF YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW TO MAKE THE PIE CRUST, HERE IT IS.....
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cups shortening
1/2 cups water

how you make it}

Cut flour, salt, baking powder, & shortening until crumbly.
add water; mix until you can make a ball, put into holes, roll out, then put in pie pan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message please