Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Sierra

"Pink" Salad

If I worked in a restaurant and I had the opportunity to showcase a food that represented a loved one, I would choose cherry pie filling salad. I would choose this dish because it is my favorite holiday dish. It reminds me of my family and how much we enjoy being together. It is something my family has every year for Christmas Eve.

Every year my family makes a big dinner on Christmas Eve and celebrates the holiday at my grandma’s house. We have turkey and corn and stuffing, everything you can think of. My favorite part of Christmas Eve dinner is the cherry pie filling salad.

For as long as I can remember, my mother has made cherry pie filling salad every single year for Christmas Eve. I have loved it every time. Cherry pie filling salad is kind of a tradition in my family. When my mother was little, her mother used to make it for Christmas. She then passed it down to my mother. Now every year, I make the cherry pie filling salad.

If you were to ask my family, “ What comes to mind when first when you think of Christmas Eve dinner?’ Their responses would be, “Sierra’s 'pink' salad.”

When I was younger, I did not know what the cherry pie filling salad was called. So I would simply call it the “pink” salad because of the pink color.

This dish is everyone’s favorite holiday dish. The whole family enjoys it. This dish is very quick and easy to make. It takes less than five minutes for an experienced cherry pie filling salad maker. It is very simple and enjoyable. Perfect for any occasion or just to make to eat anytime. It never gets old.


========================================
9 Oz. Cool Whip
1 can pineapple - drained
1 can cherry pie filling
1 can Eagle Brand milk
1/4 cup lemon juice

Mix together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message please