Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Krystal

The Perfect Chef


If I had to prepare a dish to honor a special person in my life it would be my mother’s wonderful peanut butter fudge, dipped pretzels and peanut butter cups, at Christmas time. Some years she makes even more goodies for the whole family.
I chose my mother because she is a wonderful person and a great cook. I’ve had people ask me if she ever worked as a chef. To clear that up, she never has, she is just plan good at cooking anything. Whenever I go out to eat the food never taste that great because mom’s food is 10 times greater. Everyone in my family appreciates the hard work she puts into making all of the food she brings to dinners.
How my mom prepares to make the fudge is simple. She looks over the recipe and searches the house for the ingredients. Sometimes she will make special trips to town, but she doesn’t mind because she enjoys making all the snacks and other things we ask her to make. So we usually always have some type of delicious snack in our house.
When I picture mom’s peanut butter fudge it reminds me of Christmas and how the house smells so good. As soon as you open the door you can smell what wonderful thing she has been cooking. I can picture coming into the house and seeing her with her hair pulled back and flour all over her and the floor. As soon as she notices she always has a smile even though she has been working hard all day. And that’s when I know that I’m home. I am so thankful she is my mom and wouldn’t trade her for another. And that’s not just because she is a good cook, but I would starve without her.

Peanut Butter Fantasy Fudge

3c. Sugar
3/4c. Butter (1 ½ sticks)
2/3c. Cream
1c. Peanut Butter
1jar Marshmallow Cream
1tsp. Vanilla

Heat sugar, butter, and cream to full rolling boil in 3quart saucepan on med. Heat until thermometer reaches 234 degrees. Then remove from heat and add peanut butter and marshmallow crème and vanilla, stir well. Poor into prepared a pan and let cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message please