Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Stevie

Chicken Parmesan


The recipe I would choose to put on the menu is my mom’s chicken parmesan. It is delicious. If I were having a bad day and came home to my mom cooking it, it would automatically be the best day ever.
Chicken parmesan is chicken cooked in marinara sauce and cheese, on top of spaghetti. The first time I ate this dish was at Patrick Peukert’s house. It’s also his favorite dish, and I will never forget the first time I ate it. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
I’m a very emotional person, and I tend to eat my feelings, so if I am having a hard time with friends, my mom makes chicken parmesan, because it makes me happy.
My mom is an awesome person! When I told her about chicken parmesan, she made it that very night! She is an extremely caring person, and all she wants is for the people around her to be happy, but sometimes people take advantage of that, and it makes me really angry.
My favorite part is when my mom makes chicken parmesan; we all sit together at the table like a family should. We don’t do this a lot, so I always appreciate it when it happens. It brings us closer as a family.



Ingredients:
4 boneless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
seasoned bread crumbs
2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
8 slices mozzarella cheese, or more
1 jar (16 oz) spaghetti sauce
Parmesan cheese
Preparation:
Whisk together the egg and milk. Dip the chicken breasts in milk and egg mixture and then in bread crumbs. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken in the hot oil on both sides until golden, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Set chicken in a baking dish.
Slice 8 pieces of mozzarella cheese and put two on each chicken breast. Pour 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce over all. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and a little more mozzarella and bake at 350° for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message please