Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Brittney

Heaven in a Pot-Pie

If I worked at a restaurant and if I were given the chance to create a dish in memory of someone, the dish would be a meat pie in honor of my grandma. I would choose this dish because my grandma makes this dish for me every time I’m sick. The dish is a seasonal dish usually made in the winter time.

My grandma is a sweet lady with a great sense of humor but she reminds me of a lion, always protecting her young. My grandma is short-figured with a big heart. She is always willing to lend a helping hand and is always there to talk to.

The meat pie is like a pot-pie filled with vegetables and meat. To make the meat pie, buy two pie crusts and fill one pie crust with meat, juice, and vegetables. To add extra flavor to the meat pie add seasonings, whichever seasoning you personally have a taste for.

The best thing about the meat pie is how it makes us feel when we eat it. The first bite sends a warm sensation through the body like a first bite of chicken noodle soup on a cold winter day. Honestly, it lifts your spirits like chocolate after a harsh break up.

Meat pie isn’t something one can eat everyday. Its great taste would be too much to handle. That's why it’s best to only have it once every few months. The meat pie seems to always hit the warm spot in my stomach during the frosty winter days. So eat up, and enjoy!
==================
Pot Pie

Two 9 in. deep dish pie crusts

1 ½ lbs of hamburger browned and drained

Small onion diced with hamburger

¼ tsp oregano

Any kind of vegetables you wish

1. Add all in gradients to one pie crust.
2. Sprinkle pie crust with cheese.
3. Place the other pie crust on top of the filled pie.
4. Bake on 350 degrees until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message please