Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Louis

Tortellini


Tortellini is a family food we have, and I think without this delicious food, I would probably starve. This food is Italian, so I see why I like it because I am Italian. My family makes this every year when we are all together, and we sometimes eat this when we listen to a baseball game or play cards at a table. Tortellini is more than just a food, it’s a food that brings the family together.

Tortellini is a family tradition when aunts, uncles, and cousins come to make tortellini. They make tortellini and put it in the freezer before people come to eat it. Tortellini is a very delicate food to make because we can’t be rough with it, or it will be squished. Sometimes I wonder how many people come over to make the tortellini.

Tortellini is made, I think, with flat dough and meat. They take the dough and make it flat. Then they cut it up into bite size pieces, then take the meat and put it inside the dough and wrap it around it. Then they put the pieces on to a plate with plastic wrap over it and put it into the freezer until it is time to eat it. However, they have to use a lot of plates because they make a lot of tortellini pieces.

We usually have people eat the tortellini at our house. However, I think they should have it at Aunt Janet’s house because her house is bigger than ours. Our house has more room and a bigger kitchen area so people can get in a line to get tortellini. Also at our house we have a big oven to put the pot of broth to simmer the tortellini pieces so the dough feels spaghetti smooth. When we eat it, it is like eating soup, but with noodles and meat in it. When I eat all of the tortellini, I slurp the broth until the plate is clean.

The day we eat the tortellini is Christmas Day when everyone shows up to celebrate Christmas. Our entire family shows up on a cold Christmas Day to be warmed by family and tortellini. I am glad I am Italian and have a great family, because If I weren’t, I wouldn’t be surrounded by good food and people to communicate with. I think my family is very grateful to have each other and have great food to eat.



Ingredients

 Dough 3.5 Cups of flour
 Filling:
 ¾ lb. Ground meat (beef)
pork, chicken, etc)
 1 tsp. of salt
 ¼ tsp. nutmeg
 ¼ tsp. pepper
 ¼ cp. Water
 3 eggs
 1 medium sized onion chopped 1 or 2 sprigs of chopped parsley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message please