Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hallie

Old Time Recipes

The person I love so dearly is my Great Grandma Smith. She was an older woman, who wasn’t very tall. She had reddish, orangish hair. When she went somewhere, she put on her pink lipstick.

My grandma used to make us dinners every Sunday. She made a lot of good food. She made refrigerator ripe tomato salad and hearty hoge-podge. She used to cook everything. I liked her fried chicken; it was the best.

One of the recipes is Refrigerator Ripe Tomato Salad, and the second recipe is Hearty Hoge Podge. My Great Grandma Smith was a very special part of my life that I love and miss dearly, but I know in my heart, she is always with me, watching over me.

==============================
Refrigerator Ripe Tomato Salad

Ingredients

16 chopped tomatoes

4 cups chopped celery

4 chopped sweet peppers

½ cup salt

¼ cup mustard seed

2 cups white vinegar

2 cups sugar



Put in jars. Seal tight. Best kept 4 weeks. Will keep all winter in refrigerator.


Ingredients:



½ lb ground beef

¾ cup chopped onions

3 cups water

1 ½ cups celery

1 table spoon Worchestershire sauce

½ tsp. Oregano spice

1 31 oz can pork 'n beans in tomato sauce



cook hamburger until beef is brown and onions are tender. Add 3 cans of minestone soup. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message please